Sunday, January 15, 2006

Salam

All attempts to find a fortune teller have ended fruitlessly.

Here is what I know: I could be happy here, with him. Only I'm not sure it's the life I want. I'm not sure that I want to know how my story ends already, to forego further adventures, new countries, more exploration. Of course, this could be a whole new kind of adventure. One that takes as much courage (maybe more) as getting on a plane bound for a new destination. I know I can't go on moving from country to country forever (particularly the lovin' n leavin' bit). I've had my first glimpse of the possibility of 'settling down' and I think that will feel mighty fine--in the right circumstances. I feel strong, very alive, and a little bit of hurt.

I received an email from a friend last month, updating me on her life: "fell smashing in love (over so soon yet a good experience)." I could certainly plagarize the first half of that statement.

As for the second, not just yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet