Thursday, October 27, 2005

Eviction Notice (updated)

I just got my medical results back from 6 weeks ago when I started my job. Fit to Travel.

But looks like I have some squatters in my belly: amebiasis.
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/amebiasis/factsht_amebiasis.htm

Amebiasis

When you live in Africa, isn't it to be expected? Luckily, I've been feeling fine and didn't even know about those sneaky devils.

Headed to the pharmacy after work. This parasite party is about to end.

UPDATE: My stomach feels a tiny bit turbulent today. Must mean the Antibiotic SuperStorm Troopers have entered the bad guys' hideout, guns ablazing, shoot-out ensuing.

4 Comments:

Blogger TBird said...

Send them packing, DMag! How long have you been letting them party in your manor?

Stay healthy!

xoxoTBird

10:19 PM  
Blogger Sharizal said...

I hope you've had your one antibiotic already... and I hope u didn't touch anyone's stools let alone putting them in your mouth.. euww

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How can I become infected with E. histolytica?

* By putting anything into your mouth that has touched the stool of a person who is infected with E. histolytica.
* By swallowing something, such as water or food, that is contaminated with E. histolytica.
* By touching and bringing to your mouth cysts (eggs) picked up from surfaces that are contaminated with E. histolytica.


Eww, Jill, why are you putting cysts in your mouth?!?! GROSS!!!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Jill said...

i like to think that it's OTHER people's hygiene that is sub-par, not my own. i mean, the woman smearing laughing cow cheese on my bread, who knows where her hands have been? the woman picking the plantains off the roadside grill? i've got that handy-dandy antibacterial no-water hand soap stuff. should i carry it around and require other people to use it before touching my food?

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet