Thursday, October 13, 2005

Star Quality

I have an American friend who just moved to KL. I put her in touch with some of my Malaysian friends, introducing them in the following way by email:

R: alternative online newspaper man ala Clark Kent, big boy in Amnesty International. climb on the back of his motorbike and hang out tight (but know that he has a car, so if he makes you ride his bike, it's just because he wants you to hang on tight).

L: bad ass lawyer campaigning the rights of all kinds of vulnerables. has a fantastic collection of lepord and zebra headscarf. great ear for listening to scandalous stories.

J: I had to be his friend cuz his name is Jack, so maybe he's not for you. international man of mystery with killer credentials and no doubt a member of the Chinese Triad.

L: dancing queen, scavenger hunter extraordinaire, world traveler, bumble bee driver, art show goer. the girl to know to know what is going on.

M: I only met this gem toward the end of my stay and wish I could have known him longer. always able to belt out an appropriate showtune for every occassion and the only person i've known to go on a Sex in the City tour while in NYC.

Thanks to being online everyday at work, I've also been able to chat with a few of my Malaysian superstars. How could I not miss these people?!

I just reread Terri's posts about L. and A. Such lovely descriptions.
http://terriburgersets.blogspot.com/2004_12_01_terriburgersets_archive.html

I know I could be happy living in KL, if there was a job for me I enjoyed. Same as Egypt. Why can't I gather all the people from my various lives together and have One Reality in One Place? College meets Malaysia meets Iowa meets Ghana meets Egypt?


For the rest of my life,
wherever I am, there will be some place I'm not...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet