Monday, October 31, 2005

Daddy's Girl?

How many housemates does it take to change a lightbulb?

We decided we didn't need to call an electrician to change 3 broken light socket fixture thingys (look, I've even got the terminology down!). Jane began the project, but Olivier could reach just a little bit easier from the chair-on-the-couch (my job was to sturdy that precariousness and hand things up and down). We changed the fixtures from Ghanaian 'normal' (pin) to our 'normal' (screw in). Success!

...

Until I tried to turn on my lights that evening (which we hadn't messed with at all) and they didn't work. I figured that the 3rd mysterious wire in the living room really WAS used for something after all. Olivier to the rescue! He rehooked it up and God said:

"Let there be light."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet