Wednesday, March 02, 2005

An office annoyance: We have two typed documents from board members and we are supposed to scan each page so that we have them on the desktop and can print them (because the copy machine leaves black marks so it doesn’t look very clean and professional). Now, obviously the documents have already been typed and are on another computer or disk somewhere. But for some reason, we don’t have them on disk and I don’t think anyone even attempted to locate them. I’m sorry but that is completely inefficient. It’s difficult to make the pages a standard font and the same type settings if each is scanned (because eventually they’ll become one document) and seems such a waste of time and effort. I said as much, too. Then the power went out and I couldn’t have done it even if I wanted to.

Frequently heard: “I’m coming” when the person is are actually leaving. Meaning “I’ll coming right back.” Also sometimes meaning “I’ll be right with you.”

Words: In Ga, the word for “to smell” is the same as “to hear.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet