Wednesday, July 06, 2005

In Hot Water

For the last month or so, showering has been a problem.

Oh, we have water flowing, unlike when I first moved in.

The problem is that it's cold water and, if you can believe it, the weather is also cold. It makes it very difficult to shower!

Until...

I met a Ghanaian woman living in Virginia at the internet cafe. She was surprised I would want to live here and asked if I have a tv and a/c (no, no).

I hate to admit I didn't think of what she later suggested on my own.

It's so obvious. So simple.

And sooooo blissful.

Boil hot water and add it to make warm water, then take a good ole bucket bath.

Ahhhhh, now I can happily and warmly be clean!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

boy am I glad I'm no longer in africa :) not that I had problems of such nature at the indo, mind.

that HIV story was pretty interesting.. even in 'the west', bareback riding is still an issue, I reckon.

-s

5:29 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Silly Jill, this is what we did when the water wasn't coming! Do we have a water tank yet?

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet