Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sweater

noun.

1) A jacket or pullover made especially of knit, crocheted, or woven wool, cotton, or synthetic yarn.
2) One that sweats, especially profusely.

Until recently, I thought that the second definition would be the only one required in my Ghana vocabulary. But, I've found out there's a need for the first.

I was so happy last week when I woke up and had to put on pants, a long sleeved shirt and socks because I was cold! Imagine!

The rainy season is upon us. Yesterday it rained on and off throughout the day, throughout the night and today it's overcast and the rain could start again at any moment. My feet are dirty, my pants splattered with mud. But there's a spring in my step. A desire to skip and leap. The bouncing of springtime lambs come to mind.

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sharizal said...

but wet springtime lambs jumping in the rain will stink... :D

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet