Friday, July 22, 2005

Finders Keepers?

After our 6th visit to the airport, Jane got her lost bag back. And this time we didn't even have to bribe anyone for her to get through security or customs to the arrivals hall!

On the way home, triumphant that we had the bag (which had a lot of my stuff in it too!), my cell phone slipped out of my pocket.

I didn't notice till I was home. I had Jane call the number to see if it was somewhere around the house. Instead, a man answered but a woman began speaking. She said she'd bring the phone to a bar near our place in half an hour. But then the phone was switched off...Then it was ringing, but it went busy; they weren't taking our call.

I'm hoping a pleading text message might do the trick, but I don't have much faith:

"Please, I beg, I have important numbers on my phone I need. If you return it, I will consider you well. If you are a true Christian, you will do what is right. Please call."

Several minutes later, I called and the number went busy.

Losers weepers.

2 Comments:

Blogger TBird said...

DMag - a funny thing just happened. I tried to get onto your blog and instead it went to a site: www.abundantbible.com? Something like that - I had to shut it down right away. I think It had a sound clip going but the speakers were off. Luckily. Thought that was a bit ironic with all of your observations about Christianity and your cell-phone plea. Haaa, who are they calling???? xoxoT

4:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha.. your luck it was a muslim who found your phone and loved the message you sent :)

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet