Friday, June 29, 2007

American

I went to McDonald's (allowed when roadtripping), then to pick up some things at WalMart. I had dinner at a steakhouse where the portion was entirely too big for one person to eat in a single go. Then it was off to the Air Force base.

Could it get anymore American than that?

I was informed that when the National Anthem plays everyday at 4:30 pm cars pull over to the side of the road and people stop and face the flag with hand on heart. It would be rude not to do so. Hey, if I can wear a headscarf while on an Islamic university campus, who says I can't play by military rules? Feels a bit like a foreign country with a culture all its own. And it surprises me that its one I want to get to know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address below to subscribe to Kelewele Junction!


powered by Bloglet